Benefits of Waxing
Waxing is a form of semi-permanent hair removal which removes the hair from the root. New hair will not grow back in the previously waxed area for four to six weeks, although some people will start to see regrowth in only a week due to some of their hair being on a different growth cycle.
It is a longer lasting method. Areas that are repeatedly waxed over long periods of time often exhibit regrowth that is softer and less dense.
Receive 20% off your next waxing appointment if it’s in 4 weeks and 10% off if it’s in 5 weeks. (Does not apply to any face waxing services.)
● Taking blood-thinning medications;
● Taking drugs for autoimmune diseases, including lupus;
● Taking prednisone or steroids;
● Psoriasis, eczema, or other chronic skin diseases;
● Recent sunburn;
● Recent cosmetic or reconstructive surgery;
● Recent laser skin treatment;
● Severe varicose leg veins;
● Rosacea or very sensitive skin;
● History of fever blisters or cold sores (waxing can cause a flare-up);
● Using Tretinoin, Tazarotene, Adapalene, Azelex, or any other peeling agent;
● Using hydroquinone;
● Recent surgical peel, microdermabrasion or chemical peel using glycolic, alpha hydroxy, salicylic acid, or other acid-based products.
What to do before waxing treatments:
Make sure your hair about ¼ inch long
Wait at least 2 weeks after shaving
For best results moisturize daily and exfoliate once or twice a week
Some people experience ingrown hairs, red bumps, and minor bleeding. This is more likely to occur when waxing areas with thick hair, especially the first few times when follicles are strongest.
Preventing ingrown hairs after waxing treatment:
Soothe: For the first two days post wax
Exfoliate: Exfoliating on a daily basis is essential for helping to prevent ingrown hairs. After hair removal, dead upper layers of skin can build up and trap hairs. When these trapped hairs can’t grow out, they grow back in, resulting in ugly bumps, which can be the early sign of ingrown hairs.
Treat using Bikini Kitty Replenish Exfoliation Spray, Healing FIRST AID, and Spa Body Brush
Keep at it!
Schedule your waxing appointments about a month apart, exfoliate between visits, and don’t shave for the best results! If you get your routine down pat, you’ll find your waxes to also be less uncomfortable since the hair is typically at its ideal growth between weeks three and five. If you wait longer, the hair is longer and tends to make the removal process more intense.
Additionally, you’ll receive 20% off your next waxing appointment if it’s in 4 weeks and 10% off if it’s in 5 weeks.
(Does not apply to any face waxing services.)