Benefits of Waxing
Waxing is a form of semi-permanent hair removal which removes the hair from the root. New hair will not grow back in the previously waxed area for four to six weeks, although some people will start to see regrowth in only a week due to some of their hair being on a different growth cycle.
It is a longer lasting method. Areas that are repeatedly waxed over long periods of time often exhibit regrowth that is softer and less dense.
Schedule your waxing appointments about a month apart, exfoliate between visits, and don’t shave for the best results! If you get your routine down pat, you’ll find your waxes to also be less uncomfortable since the hair is typically at its ideal growth between weeks three and five. If you wait longer, the hair is longer and tends to make the removal process more intense.
We offer 20% off when you rebook your next body waxing appointment within 4 weeks. Rebook within 5 weeks and receive 10% off. (does not apply to face waxing)
- Brow Shaping $15
- Lips $10
- Chin $12
- Lip and Chin $20
- Full Face $30
- Underarm $20
- Half Arms $25
- Full Arms $35
- Bikini $35
- Brazilian $50
- Half Legs $35
- Full Legs $65
- Full Legs and Bikini $90
● Taking blood-thinning medications;
● Taking drugs for autoimmune diseases, including lupus;
● Taking prednisone or steroids;
● Psoriasis, eczema, or other chronic skin diseases;
● Recent sunburn;
● Recent cosmetic or reconstructive surgery;
● Recent laser skin treatment;
● Severe varicose leg veins;
● Rosacea or very sensitive skin;
● History of fever blisters or cold sores (waxing can cause a flare-up);
● Using Tretinoin, Tazarotene, Adapalene, Azelex, or any other peeling agent;
● Using hydroquinone;
● Recent surgical peel, microdermabrasion or chemical peel using glycolic, alpha hydroxy, salicylic acid, or other acid-based products.
Steps Before Waxing Treatments
- Make sure your hair about ¼ inch long.
- Wait at least 2 weeks after shaving.
- For best results moisturize daily and exfoliate once or twice a week.
- Some people experience ingrown hairs, red bumps, and minor bleeding. This is more likely to occur when waxing areas with thick hair, especially the first few times when follicles are strongest.
Preventing Ingrown Hairs After Waxing Treatment
- Soothe: For the first two days post wax
- Exfoliate: Exfoliating on a daily basis is essential for helping to prevent ingrown hairs. After hair removal, dead upper layers of skin can build up and trap hairs. When these trapped hairs can’t grow out, they grow back in, resulting in ugly bumps, which can be the early sign of ingrown hairs.
- Treat using Bikini Kitty Replenish Exfoliation Spray, Healing FIRST AID, and Spa Body Brush
- Keep at it!
What Our Clients are Saying
“I chose Aranka because she was close to my work and I could get a brow wax on my lunch break. I have never had such an ENJOYABLE wax! She was friendly, professional, affordable, thorough, and my brows look like works of art! The best part was no redness or swelling when I left. I didn’t even know that was possible! I am recommending her to everyone and booked my next brow wax the minute I got back to the office. Next, a facial!!!”
“The venue is nice, intimate, and calming. It is definitely an atmosphere that is relaxing and rejuvenating. Aranka is awesome! She has been providing waxing services for me since I moved to Asheville last summer, and I have always been pleased with her work. She takes her time to ensure you receive a quality experience and follows up with you after you leave as well to make sure your services turned out well. She is knowledgeable about products and what is best for your skin type. I highly recommend her!”